Saturday, January 18, 2014

San Francisco Photos

California Trip: October 2013

Here are just a few of the highlights from my two days I spent in the city. My main goal for those days was to enjoy some of the areas I used to love to hang out in, when I lived in the Bay Area, and to visit with my old friends. 

These images are more "snapshots" than photographic works, as I didn't make my friends stand around waiting for me to be creative. All are hand-held.

There are links to more information in some of the photo captions.

Remember, you can click on a photo to see a larger version. You can then step through those larger versions using your arrow-keys, or start a slide show.


California Street, looking east toward the Bay Bridge.

California Street Cable Car - obligatory tourist shot.

Classic car on California Street with wheels turned properly for parking on a hill.

City Lights: The bookstore of the Beat Generation.
Founded in 1953 by poet Lawrence Ferlinghetti and Peter D. Martin

Traditional Italian Deli in North Beach

Chinatown, in case you didn't guess.

Street Musicians

Tiger Eye blossom in Chinatown

Traditional Peking Duck

Dried seafood store - sea cucumbers, scallops and other strange things.

C.A.Thayer lumber schooner at the Maritime Museum, which was unfortunately closed that day.

Fisherman's Wharf - the working part, not the tourist part.

Palace of Fine Arts

Palace of Fine Arts - architectural detail

Tiled steps in Golden Gate Heights

Golden Gate Bridge from near Land's End

Thanks for viewing my photos. More California photos to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!